On the 3rd Day of Christmas My True Love Gave To Me..

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Three French Hens
As part of the 12 days of Christmas today I am featuring Emily from charmedmsure on etsy. I have chosen Emily's French Hen Hat


I am so happy I was able to learn a little bit about Emily and how he likes to mixes fanciness with functionality.

Q: Tell us a little about yourself
A: My name is Emily Adams and I've only been making hats for about a year so I'm very new. I started out making hats for my little niece and decided grown-up girls need cute toppers too. I've just started a blog so that people can get to know me, it's very VERY new so it's as bare bones as you can get but I will be working on it a lot. You can check out her blog at charmedmsure.blogspot.com

Q: Where did you get your inspiration for this item?
A: For this particular hat I was inspired by the feathers first. I love how the blues and greens shine in different lights and really dress up the soft camel colored wool. I wanted it to be very wearable but with a bit of fanciness- to be very lady-like.
Q: What type of material was used to make this?
A: I use Velcro to attach the feathers and the hat is crocheted with 100% wool and then hand felted to be super soft.
--------------------------------------------------------
What is the 12 Days of Christmas here on The Boho Birdie? Each day will represent one of the 12 Days of Christmas. We will get to meet an artist from etsy and learn a little about them and their 12 Days of Christmas themed item. Each item will have something to do with this wonderful Christmas song.

This is truly, I think, the best part of having a place like etsy. It is great meeting others who are creative in their own way--just trying to share their talents and love for their craft with others. I love it! Tomorrow is the 4th day of Christmas. I will be featuring an item with the theme of Four Calling Birds! So please come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment