On the 1st Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Partrigde in a "Pear" Tree
As part of the 12 days of Christmas today I am featuring Tonya from milkbubblesstudio on etsy. I have chosen Tonya's Simple Shabby Joy "Pears".

I am so glad I got to learn a little bit more about Tonya. She truly has a touching story behind why she does what she does.
Q: Tell us a little about yourself
A: I've been sewing as long as I can remember, my mom bought me my first sewing kit for my 5th Christmas. She always let me pick out my own material for my clothes and would make them the way I wanted. Looking back on it I wonder how she still has her sight after sewing some of it....back then the brighter, louder the better! I thank her daily for the craft she taught me. Now she has Parkinsons and is unable to sew. I've been taking care of her for the last 2 1/2 years and just in the past 3 months had to place her in professional care. I show her all my finished projects and she always approves.I'm also the single mother of 2. One is a silversmith here on etsy. I won't even get started on the pride I feel for her. The other is a 12 year old boy, who is as creative as they come. My shop is almost 2 years old.. My daughter talked me in to it.

Q: Where did you get your inspiration for this item?
A: The inspiration for the pears is that I seem to like simple-shabby-modern things. Things that aren't too perfect and have personality.. a little worn, with a story to tell. I love words, faded paint, things that don't usually go together.

Q: What type of material was used to make this?
A: The pears are made of muslin, satin, textile paint.

As mentioned above Tonya also has a daughter who is on etsy. Her site is mysilverpie.etsy.com. She and her husband just moved from South Carolina to Texas. He is in the Air Force 6 years and counting. So, right now her shop is on vacation mode. However she is ready to get it up and going again! So stick around.

Thank you Tonya for allowing us to get a little glimpse into milkbubblesstudio on etsy! It was such a pleasure! Happy Holidays.

---------------------------------------------------

What is the 12 Days of Christmas here on The Boho Birdie? Each day will represent one of the 12 Days of Christmas. We will get to meet an artist from etsy and learn a little about them and their 12 Days of Christmas themed item. Each item will have something to do with this wonderful Christmas song.

This is truly, I think, the best part of having a place like etsy. It is great meeting others who are creative in their own way--just trying to share their talents and love for their craft with others. I love it! Tomorrow is the 2nd day of Christmas. I will be featuring an item with the theme of two turtle doves! So please come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment